Sunday, March 28, 2010

Philippines Trip - Shangri La

Instead of spending our day at the Plantation Bay resort, we went to the Shangri La. We bought a day pass which gave us access to everything on the grounds and lunch at their buffet. They have a large, white sand beach and a marine reserve. We spent the day swimming and snorkeling around the reserve. We saw a lot of very interesting fish. There was a guy in a boat watching over everything who gave us bread to feed the fish with. I wish I had an underwater camera because as soon as I held that bread under the water, every fish in sight went into attack mode. Mushna freaked out and dropped hers, but I held it while the fish ate right out of my hands. Of course they didn't always get bread in their bites, but their little nibbles felt cool.

The buffet was awesome. Fresh seafood, fruit and a lot of other choices. I ate a lot of food that afternoon, but it was totally worth it. Mushna's always told me about mangoes in the Philippines. This was my first time trying them and she was right, they're out of this world.

You can view my Shangri La set here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hypnoeyez99/sets/72157623621595748/

Shangri La - Cebu, Philippines

Shangri La - Cebu, Philippines

Shangri La - Cebu, Philippines

Shangri La - Cebu, Philippines

Shangri La - Cebu, Philippines

Shangri La - Cebu, Philippines

Shangri La - Cebu, Philippines

This resort will definitely be on the list of things to do next time we head out.

No comments: