Tuesday, April 28, 2009

70-200 f/2.8 L IS USM - Update

I received my lens today. They shipped it Friday the 24th second day air and it arrived this morning. I played with it a bit this morning and it seems sharper at the 70 mm end but I really haven't had the opportunity to take it out and give it a good run yet because of the weather. They said that if I still see issues to send my lens and my camera body in for calibration. I don't think it will come to that.

Final word, Canon's Customer service was awesome. My lens was received and fixed on the 23rd, checked and shipped on the 24th. That kind of turnaround time deserves major kudos. I don't think the repair was anything too intense, but if I ever do need major repairs, at least I know they're on top of it.

Anyway, Friday Mushna and I are on our way to Vegas. We're going to see a vocalist named Leah Solanga perform and catch a Cirque show. Should be fun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lea_Salonga

No comments: